Monday, October 16, 2006

First Day at my NEW JOB!!

Well, today was my first day at my new job. This morning, I put on all new duds and headed down to Wall Street for my first day. I have been worried about what I would wear ever since I got the job, so the past two weekends have been spent shopping furiously to invest in my future! I spent almost $500 on clothes and shoes, but really it was well worth it. Here's what I bought:

3 pairs of Tahari pants, usually $228 each: $59.99 each
2 white button-downs, brown vest, grey turtle-neck, brown ruffle-shirt, black skirt, black flats, black heels, brown heels, new belt.

All I need is a new bag or two and I'm set!

As far as the job goes, I must say, I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed and a suffering a little bit from disbelief. Do I really have a new job? Am I REALLY now an employee of corporate America?! Crazy! I must admit, I like it. They have so many resources and conveniences, it's ridiculous. And even though its very busy, my team is still kind enough to spend an hour of their time each going over everything they think I might need to know. They have already been so accommodating!

I will gladly spend some more time updating as soon as I have more news. For now, I'm just getting oriented to my responsibilities! For now, I'll leave you with some clandestine photos that I took while waiting for my supervisor to come get me!

Um....is it just me or is my nose HUGE?! What the heck?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read a few of your last emails to catch up so let me start by saying, CONGRATS on your new job! How exciting :o)

Now, about running in Central Park . . . BE CAREFUL! I don't like the thought of you running when it is getting dark! Wow, and I'm not even your mom!

We are getting ready for a mini quiz off at OBC Nov. 4 and then Fall Quiz Off at Miracel Camp Nov. 18. Remember the good old days when you were OBC's star quizzer?

Take care.

Blessings,
Diane