Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Obviously, I'm fine

Otherwise, I'm sure you would have heard it on the news :):) Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the most surreal and scary part of this afternoon is that when I first read about the plane crashing into a building this afternoon, it said something like "police en-route to the scene, details to follow." And then, all of a sudden, I heard TONS of sirens outside my window. I'm not even joking it was so crazy for the front page of CNN to be audible outside my office. Very weird indeed.

Anyway, I am just fine, so no need to worry. My mom was really worried, I could tell because she called me about 2 hours later!! JK, Mom, I know you just don't read the news. With a kid in NYC, you may want to take that up.

Oh! And I finally received a start date today from Goldman, so I will officially report to the 20th floor of 85 Broad Street on Monday morning at 10am!!!! I am extremely excited!! While it is sad to be leaving Team In Training, I know that this opportunity will be a fabulous and enjoyable one. The spare change doesn't hurt either.

Well, I must get to bed because I finally tried ordering my groceries online from FreshDirect.com, and they are dropping them off tomorrow morning between 6:30am and 8am. I swear, it's the coolest thing. You can order almost anything you would at a grocery store, the prices are almost the same as a New York grocery store, AND they deliver it to your apartment for just $5, which is well worth it when 1) you don't have time to go to the store and shop and 2) You live on the 5th floor of a building with no elevator. Yay! So off to bed I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grocery Delivery....HOW COOL