Friends,
I am sorry that I haven't written in a while! Right now, I am eating a Salmon and Basil past Lean Cuisine and I thought it might be a good time to write a little update!
Well, I am officially on day 8 of the new job. The first week I felt a little useless and didn't really know what I should be working on, but this week has been much better. In fact, I would even say that I'm feeling borderline "busy." Essentially most of my work is done from my desk in e-mail, spreadsheets, word documents and the internet. As boring as that sounds, I really do get a certain amount of satisfaction out of supporting the more high-level work of other people. As a training coordinator, I essentially make sure that out training events happen by booking rooms, getting materials together, and getting the word out. The people jsut above me, on the other hand, deal more with deciding what training programs we will do and developing the actual content of the training. I find both jobs very interesting, so it's good!
Ok, enough of the boring stuff! I have a really exciting week! Last night, my dad was in town for a meeting today in the city. He flew in at around 5:30 and met me near my apartment at 7pm. We grabbed dinner at a really nice place called Henry's on Broadway and then went back to my apartment to change. Then, we went to a nice country themed bar (you know I love that!) on Amsterdam called Brother Jimmy's. We watched some of the Tigers game before heading back. One of the greatest things about having Dad in town is that he just can't seem to resist wanting to fix things up in the apartment. Because we have a 129847 year old heating system, I have no idea how to work it, so I was telling Dad how hot it was in our place. When he got back to the apartment, he immediately found the radiators and showed me how to turn them down so that it is no longer 124 degrees in there! Then, this morning, I hear strange noises coming from the kitchen and go in there to find Dad replacing the lightbulbs in our ceiling light (which hasn't worked since I moved in), so now we have light in the kitchen! YAY! Dads are so helpful!
Anyway, Dad leaves today before I'm done with work, so I won't see him again...until Thanksgiving. But, tonight Taylor and I are having lunch with the BCM Chaplain from Vanderbilt, Scott Allen. BCM stands for Baptist Collegiate Ministries and it's the Christian ministry that I was involved with all through college. I'm excited to see him!
THEN on Saturday, my MOM is coming to visit me!!!! She was supposed to come with Grandma, but unfortunately she won't be able to make it until the Spring due to her surgery. I'm bummed, but I know my mom and I will have a good time, so that will be nice!
Ok, well this is getting long, so I'm going to sign off. I promise to come up with some better writing topics in the near future. I'm actually thinking I'll do a little photo documentary of the area in which I work. I work down on Wall Street (as in...THE Wall Street), so there are tons of beautiful buildings and architecture. yay!
1 comment:
Be glad you're done with school :-P
Post a Comment