Saturday, February 03, 2007

Connection to the Cause

Today was a very special Saturday practice. Not only did I run the farthest (furthest? Not sure) I've ever run in my life (and had a lot of fun doing it!), but we had an amazing event after practice called Connection to the Cause. Most of our honored teammates stood up and spoke about their experiences with Lymphoma (coincidentally, all of them had Lymphoma). They also spoke about how inspiring it is to have so many people - participants like myself - out there running and spreading the word, raising thousands of dollars for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. After the honored teammates, the Patient Services Coordinator for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society spoke about the research, patient support, and patient aid services of the Society. Below, I have posted some videos from the event. Please take a moment to look at them and realize how much your donation means to these honored teammates and to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Here is the speech my honored teammate Amanda gave. At the very beginning, its cut off, but she's just saying that she is running the Country Music Marathon.



Here's a video of the honored teammate from The New Jersey Marathon. I apologize, but I cannot remember her name.


And here are four separate videos of Meg Harrison talking about the programs of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Please, watch them, they really give a good picture of where your donation dollars are going.









Whew, this was an interactive day. Please click "Donate Securely Now" above if you haven't already! Thank you for reading/watching.

No comments: