Thursday, February 08, 2007

Connection to the Cockroach

Ok, this is the last alliterated "Connection to ______" post, I promise!

Don't you love those kind of days when you KNOW you have gotten through the worst the day has to offer by around 7am? This was my experience this morning when I reached under the counter in the bathroom to find a COCKROACH!!!! As there were no boys in sight to rescue me, I was forced to deal with this cockroach on my own. I chose the patented "Tweezers and paper approach". Tweezers because there was no way I was going to touch the thing (luckily, it was trapped on its back and couldn't run). And paper because paper towel or napkins and ESPECIALLY toilet paper are far too thin, I don't want to feel that little bugger wiggling through the paper (EW!!!). So, I picked it up by the butt (more accurately its wings), dropped it in a letter from EdFinancial (take THAT, student loans!), and disposed of it in the trash. Then, worried that he would crawl out of my debt, I went back and crumpled the paper a little more until I was sure the little thing would die (I'm more of a "bury it alive" than a "crush its brains" bug killer).

So, I have high hopes for the rest of the day, because nothing can be as traumatic as my morning...knock on wood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your "experience!"...please note...this is not the first time a "bug" has been found under your bathroom sink. So, if you have things under there that you want to protect from "bugs"....move them

P.S.....I keep secrets!!!!