Saturday, December 15, 2007

Radio City Christmas Music Hall Spectacular Stupendous Show Thingy

I seriously still have no idea what order the words in the title of this post would need to go in to accurately describe the show we went to last night. All I can say is "WOW!" I know, I know, everyone told me the show was for kids. Well call me a kid then because I loved it. It was one of the best shows I've seen in New York and definitely put me in the holiday spirit.

They had flying, camels, sheep, 3-D videos where you feel like you're on Santa's sleigh flying through New York City (ok ok, i AM a kid!) and, of course, the Rockettes!

One thing about the show that I was especially impressed by was their treatment of the Nativity Story. The last 15 minutes of the show were a full-scale, beautiful reproduction of the Nativitiy Story complete with the aforementioned camels, a brilliant, shining star, and passages read aloud from the book of Matthew. It was really beautiful. I was so impressed that after all these years and the diluting of this wonderful season to "Happy Holidays!" Radio City still chooses to call their show a Christmas spectacular and beautifully depicts the scenes from the Bible as its centerpiece. I definitely recommend it.

Alright, off to a day of Shopping in New Jersey :-)

No comments: