And here's the napkin:
Pretty cool huh? Basically it's a picture of me as a crocodile saying "cheers!" to New York City. Very cool.
Next, quick recap of my Thanksgiving:
- Headed home on Wednesday, stayed at my grandparents' place and drove down with them Thursday morning. The airports of New York were incredibly not crowded and my plan was "only" an hour and 15 minutes late getting in. For Thanksgiving weekend, that's not TOO bad.
- Thanksgiving with the family was great :-)
- Friday morning got up at 4:30 to go shopping with my mom and grandma. First stop was Best Buy which opened at 5 and some people had been in line since Thanksgiving MORNING to buy some laptop they had on sale for $240 or so. Not a bad deal, but I can't imaging missing Thanksgiving!
- Friday afternoon I played flag football with some high school friends. That was a good time.
- Saturday I had lunch with my friend Amber, played a game of pool with my oldest friend in the world, Randy, whom I've known since he was born, and went to watch Notre Dame (and Vandy via blackberry) football with Chris and Kelly, and then watched the Perrysburg Basketball game that night. Taryn's friends sang the National Anthem.
- Which took my back to my high school days when I sang the national anthem...man I wish I had that on film! haha.
- Sunday morning, my flight was at 7am so we left really early. I must say, I liked getting back early on Sunday because it gave me time to get situated for the week.
This week went by pretty quickly actually, so here I sit on Saturday morning getting ready to go for a run. It's going to be a lovely NYC day during the most lovely time of the year (in my opinion) to be in NYC. I love the holidays here. Everyone is in good spirits, the city is decked out, and there's always something to do! Today I'm going to run and then either watch the Vanderbilt Basketball game (we're 6-0 baby!) or go to a couple museums (haven't done that much since I moved here). Then tonight I'll hang out with Taylor. Tomorrow it's supposed to SNOW! Yay!
This Thursday is a big day, my mom and sister and sister's friend and her mom (that's 4 people staying with me in my apartment!) are coming to visit. I'm very excited for that. That day is also my work Christmas party (4 hours of open bar, I must be careful!). They're not getting in until late that night though, so it works out. We'll be having a great time in the city all weekend, including a trip to Greenwich village to see my friend perform the Charlie Brown Christmas music on piano at a little cafe and seeing another friend star in "The Littlest Light on the Christmas Tree" off Broadway. It promises to be a good time! Pictures to come.
Alright, that's all for now folks. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment