Ok! So as promised I re-did my blog this weekend, but I was so busy making that text on the right scroll that i didn't have time to introduce the blog! So this is my new "look and feel" as it were and on these hallowed pages you will follow my adventures through my second marathon!
I am so excited to be startig this journey again. We've already had two practices and I have 7 mentees whom I will be helping through this process. We are having a great time so far! On Saturday, it was a beautiful day in NYC and before practice I went on a short run on my own just to get some miles in. At practice, I joined the Intermediate running group and we did 2 lower loops of the park. Each loop is 1.7 miles so that's about 3.4 miles. It was fun and I got to run with one of my mentees, Mandi who's tons of fun!
Then last night we did another run in the park (and again it was beautiful, we're in luck!). We ran 4.5 miles up the west side of the park. I got to run with another of my mentees this time and realized that the runners in our group are really speedy! It was a workout!
Alright, well sadly I am busy busy at work, but I wanted to update you. My fundraising will kick off this weekend so BEWARE, you'll be hearing from me soon!
1 comment:
I loved talking to you the other night!! Im so excited to hear about your marathon this time around :] maybe ill come watch this one!! Miss you.
love,
t
Post a Comment