Monday, October 09, 2006

Longest Run of my LIFE!

That is not a dramatization, I really ran the longest run of my life on Saturday - 11.05 miles!! I am very excited about this, and even more excited that my ankle did not swell, nor did I have any out-of-the-ordinary pain after this run! This is exciting because a year and a half ago, when I was training for a 1/2 marathon, my ankle got all freaked out after 10 miles and I had to stop. So I used Saturday as a test to see if my ankles are week or if I perhaps had just injured it last year without realizing it. So the good news is that my ankles appear to be strong enough! As you all know (or if you don't, I'm telling you now) I am going to be training for a MARATHON this winter and running it in April in honor of my Grandma Hooper, who is a Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor. Anyway, here's a picture of me with a couple of running buddies after the run.


Kari, me, and Beth after 11.05!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are my hero...I don't think I could run .05...good job.

Carissa said...

I'm going to comment on my own blog here....the way that the pic. is distorted...I look mentally handicapped!!