Well, I guess technically I can run more than a mile (you thought you were supporting a major failure for a second there, didn't you!), but this week, I discovered that I can actually run a "respectable" mile! What I mean is, we had our first test for Team In Training this week and I managed to run three miles at the following paces:
1st Mile - 7:31
2nd Mile - 7:49
3rd Mile - 7:54
I know these times might not sound fast for you, but last season (in September), I did the same workout and my miles were all at least 20 seconds LONGER than here! Oh, and don't go thinking I'm a super star or anything, we ran these mile repeats with .7 miles of cool-down in between!
Ok, now for something a little LESS enthusiastic. So lately, my internet at my apartment has been EXTREMELY erratic. Last Tuesday or so, Verizon shut it off because the payment didn't go through because my roommate had gotten a new credit card. THEN, I got back from a trip home this weekend, and for whatever reason my computer doesn't even think it HAS a wireless card. I mean seriously! So, the problem that this presents is like nine-fold. First, I can't blog from home, and I have to squeeze it in elsewhere (this blog was written from home and saved and I am posting from work). Second, I cannot send out all my pestering e-mails because I can't access my personal e-mail at home. So the only way to actually get them out the door is to send from my work address, which I would REALLY prefer not to do (or I can come up with some complicated send-to-myself-then-forward-to-the-real-recipient scheme, but that's just a lot of extra work!). Finally, I cannot keep nearly as up-to-date with my e-mail as I would like, especially not with my wonderful donors!!! So of course, if you're here, I've probably already e-mailed you a gazillion times and you have probably already donated (THANK YOU!), but I am struggling with how to stay in touch with all those people who HAVEN'T heard from me 35 times!
Obviously, there is little you can do to fix my internet, but you could help my out by PLEASE mentioning my blog and my plight to our mutual friends. Let them know that you have supported me and that you believe in this cause. I can use all the extra marketing I can, especialyl given my annoying situation. So thank you very very much for reading. Check back soon, because I plan to get some more video this weekend! Here's a brief Ramon-ism (our coach is hilarious) to keep you entertained:
"I was very impressed by some of the times that we saw, specially from those of you that think of yourselves as `really beginners' you did good kids, you did very good !CONGRAFREAKINGLATIONS !!" (shouldn't it be congraTUfreakinglations?, what do I know!)
1 comment:
Computers are great when they work right, I guess that we have all come to rely on them way toooo much. Keep up the good work!!!!
take care,
love
Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Geoff
Post a Comment