I can hardly believe it myself, but I am just $24.66 away from 2/3 of my fundraising goal!!!!!! Oh my goodness. I am so inspired by all of the people who have so kindly donated to my fundraising. Just today, we were out running up and down, up and down, up and down this horrendous hill on the west side, and I literally had to reach into my memory and think of all of people in whose memory and honor I am running. I had to think of all the people who have supported me, financially and otherwise, to help me make it to the top of that hill. What an inspiration!
And now I have another plea. I have a wonderful running buddy, her name is Kiernan (see photo, right). Kiernan has been an absolute inspiration to me with her commitment to this cause and her running skills that are just one step ahead of mine, making her the perfect partner! Anyway, she has tried many ways of fundraising and is having trouble getting donations and I'm worried that she might leave Team In Training which would obviously be a loss to me, but also a loss to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society because they would lose all those donation dollars that she could raise!!
Anyway, I am asking any of my faithful donors who can to give just $20 to help raise Kiernan's spirits and keep her relentless for the cure that we all look for: the cure for blood cancers. I know she would really appreciate it, as she needs to raise $495 in 2 weeks to recommit to team in Training. Please click here if you would like to help Kiernan out, and know that I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment