I always do this...post twice at once and then not for 2 weeks...oops! Anyway, wanted to show you some really cool pictures of the city that I took a couple weeks ago.
That's a picture of World Financial Center, taken from the 26th floor of the Millenium Hilton at World Trade Center. The two tall buildings in the foreground house the world headquarters of Deloitte and Touche LLP, American Express, and Merrill Lynch. The semi-cirle between them is the top of the WinterGarden Atrium, this beautiful atrium filled with palm trees (hence the name WinterGarden).
Then in the background, the talles building acoss the river is 30 Hudson, which is actually the buildling that I will be working in beginning January 11th. Goldman Sachs has moved our office across the river to their new building in New Jersey. It also happens to be the most environmentally friendly and tallest building in the state! Our other ne building is barely visible under construction on the far right of this picture right across the street from the taller of the two buildings in the foreground. It's just the faming right now, but in 2009, we will open an office at 200 West Street that promises to be pretty amazing (I've seen a few presentations on what it will look like).
Ok, and here's one more photo, it's a picture of Ground Zero construction from 26 floors up.
For those if you who hadn't seen it, it's really just a huge construction site, but nonetheless a pivotal spot on American soil. Sorry it's a little blurry...I had to increase the shutter time to get enough light and I kept moving the camera. Did pretty well with the first one though, huh?
That's all for now!
3 comments:
Col pictures...thanks for sharing!!
oops...cool pictures!!!
I like your photos -especially the construction site. The blurriness adds a sense of, well... honesty to the whole thing.
Post a Comment