Sunday, January 21, 2007

Longest Run Again :-)

Well, I have officially increased the longest that I have ever run!! That's right, yesterday I ran 11.31 miles at Team In Training practice, and believe me, I'm feeling it today!

The temperature Saturday morning was about 24 degrees when I left my apartment at 8am to head to our meeting spot at 72nd St. and Riverside Dr. Pair that with a bitter cold wind off the Hudson, and it was quite chilly when we started running.

I don't know if I've told you yet, but I have this great new friend who has become my running partner in crime. Her name is Kiernan and we have a great time running together. I especially enjoy having the opportunity to hang out with someone who is also from the midwest, she has such a great accent! Anyway, Kiernan and I did all 11.31 miles together, and we did it in very good time as well.

When we started running, it was still very cold and the roads in the park had not been salted, so we literally were sliding down the road rather than running. But as we continued on our two 5-mile loops, the road started to thaw and the weather got a little warmer. It was a beautiful winter morning in the park and many people were out running and enjoying it. Toward the end, though, I actually started having trouble talking because my bottom lip was numb. Kiernan was laughing at me because I probably sounded drunk, but I just couldn't control my bottom lip!!

I must admit, the best part was the coffee from starbucks that we had right after we finished. I don't think any warm liquid has ever tasted so good! Well, I think Taylor and I might take a short run this afternoon, just to wind down from the big day yesterday. Thanks for reading. Here's a picture of Kiernan and I at the end of our run. I'm sure that you can tell by the picture how COLD and windy it was. Good times :-)!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture!!

I'm glad that your running clothes keep you warm, but I'm worried about the frozen lip :)