Sunday, August 27, 2006

Back from Vacation

Yesterday, I returned from a 1-week vacation in the mountains of Montana and Whyoming. Remember my previous post about being a northern redneck. Well, if this trip didn't embody that ideal, I don't know what did!! And I loved every minute of it. My entire family on my dad's side, plus some welcome additions converged on the TINY town of Cooke City, Montana, 16 of us in all. We spent the week riding four-wheelers and otherwise exploring. Here are some highlights, complete with photos where possible.

We started our trip out right with a late-night trip to Denny's in Billings, MT. Much to Brent's dismay, we did indulge ourselves in some of the largest meals ever sold for under $6. If only there were Denny's in New York. And even though we ARE pretty crazy (Aunt Cathy assured me she frequently visits Denny's post-midnight ;-), we did not indulge in the beverages advertised in this picture.


We spent our week at Big Bear Lodge where we were the only guests under the careful watch of the crazy pothead caretaker, Yvonne. Unfortunately, I was unable to secure a photo of Yvonne because, as far as I know, she never spent more than 2.7 seconds in the same location, not to mention the same personality. Big Bear Lodge had much to offer, including a hot tub, Direct TV, and good water pressure. One thing that Big Bear Lodge lacked, however, was a dinner table capable of accomodating our large group of large appetites. Fortunately, the ever-innovative Lucyk family thought of a suitable solution: The traible. That's right. We invented a new word by using my dad's four-wheeler trailer as a table all week.

Ok, I'm sorry but I just realized that this is going to be a very, very long post :) I have many pictures and even some videos!

So you might wonder what we could possible do for 7 days without cell service or computers. Well, let me assure you, we had a four-wheeler to person ratio of .875 to 1. That's right, 14 four-wheelers for 16 people. Several times throughout the week, we managed to take out almost all of the bikes at one time. Here is a picture of 12 of them ready and rarin' to go!

No comments: