Sunday, August 06, 2006

July 26, 2006 - Public Transportation

As implied by my last post, living and working in New York City requires utilizing the services of public transportation. And spending a significant amount of time in a confined space with New York's finest selection of weirdos, contortionists, and all-around nutcases. Presently, I will list a few examples, complete with photos, where possible.

Example 1: The Asain contortionist (I can talk about Asains because I'm dating one ;-). This photograph is of a girl on the bus whose head literally looked like it was going to fall off when she was falling asleep. The angle is funky because I was trying to take it discretely on the bus, but I think you can get the picture, her head was leaned back and to the left at like a 100 degree angle!!

Example 2: Today on the Uptown 6 platform at Union Station, I observed a most unusual and in appropriate scene. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a girl who looked to be about 18 go in for a SERIOUSLY sexual kiss on her boyfriend, whom I originally thought was a female because he had long hair and was fairly skinny. When they finally stopped necking, it became clear that these two people were also travelling with two older looking gentlemen who didn't seem terribly phased by their make-out. The two older men just kinda looked away while they did it then started talking to them when they stopped.

So this in and of itself was a little strange. For one, I couldn't figure out the relationship between the couple and the two men...they didn't appear to be friends, and I couldn't imagine her dad letting her go at it like that on the platform. Second, things got a little more fishy when the water bottle entered the scene. First, the girl and her boyfried took turns making out with the bottle while looking at each other...meanwhile the two men looked on, disintrested. NEXT, they each took the bottle and simulated their respective versions of oral sex with said water bottle....which was especially awkward because there were many people looking on wondering when they were going to laugh as if to say "aren't we silly?" But the truth is, they weren't kidding or silly, they were seriously practicing...and don't forget about the older men...in fact they looked like this was pretty much par for the course for them. Interesting.

Example 3: See entry "Rats and Randomness"

No comments: