Today has quite possibly been my favorite day in New York so far. It has been 75 and sunny all day, long with almost zero humidity. I needed to be at the first Team in Training practice of the season at 8:15am. I woke up before my alarm, threw on my running clothes, and headed off to practice. It was one of those perfect mornings for running. Cool, sunny, slight breeze. I ran about 3.4 miles with the Team and also got to meet a bunch of new people, which was quite fun.
On a funny note, I have to wear this ridiculously bright vest to practice so people know I’m Staff…just thought I’d show you!

After the workout, I decided to go check out the Upper East Side branch of my gym (the one where I got a free membership). I decided that since it was such a nice day, I would walk to the gym, so I walked from 72nd and Central Park to 81st and 3rd Ave. In doing so, I got to walk through some really beautiful areas of the Upper East Side including strolling by Caroline Herrera and some really nice Park Ave. apartments.
I went to the gym and pumped some iron, then headed out in search of some iced coffee. I found a Starbucks in no time flat and bought my coffee. Then, on my way to the crosstown bus, I saw these really pretty flowers and bought them for our apartment. So, carrying my Starbucks and my flowers, I hopped on the bus to Amsterdam. Then, I walked up Amsterdam, just checking out the little restaurants and bars. It was such a relaxing, fun morning (all of this happened before noon).

It got home and took a shower, and headed out to meet my roommate Susie and her friend who is in town for the weekend. We met downtown at Old Navy and did some shopping there, at Bed Bath and Beyond, and TJ Maxx. I bought some new headphones with a retractable cord. (For those of you who are familiar with my iron and my fondness for retractable cords!!).
Then, we went down to Soho and just walked around. I’d never been there before, and it’s a really neat area with lots of really expensive stores and cute restaurants. We just walked around and checked it out for a while and then headed back home. Now we’re sitting here watching Sex and the City, about to order in some Chinese and drink some wine. What a fabulous day! I apologize for those who had a busy day today, because I know how much I used to hate when people had nothing to do on the weekends and I was busy, but I really enjoyed today and just wanted to share it J
Oh, and in other news, I completely finished unpacking today and my room looks really good!! I’m going to go take some pictures right now and post them in a separate post. Enjoy!
1 comment:
hey i like your blog. very cute. will check it more often!
Post a Comment