My roommate and I had a fabulously domestiv evening. We met up after work and went to Bed Bath and Beyond and JCrew (I wanted some sandals, but they didn't have the ones I want). I got some wonderful new towels. I realized that home furnishings are my weakness. Last year, I spent $30 on a pillow, this year, $20 a piece on towels. It's funny because I abolutely will not splurge like that on food, clothing, or pretty much anything else. But home furnishings, you bet!!
After Bed, Bath & Beyond, we decided to make pasta for dinner and went and bought wine and cooked dinner together and watched three episodes of Sex and the City. Isn't that cute?! Then we went to bed at like 10:30pm and both got up and worked out. I went running ( 3.5 miles, I'm proud!) and she did a workout tape in the apartment.
Speaking of working out, I have exciting news!!! This co-worker of mine had a fundraiser last week at the 40/40 club. He came up to me yesterday and asked if I had a gym membership yet. See, I had bought a raffle ticket at the party, but I had to leave early so I gave it to him and he swore to tell me if I won. Well, I asked him Monday if I won and he said no, but then yesterday he told me that there was an extra prize and he wanted me to have it. Its a FREE 6-MONTH MEMBERSHIP TO A GYM!! How exciting is that? And apparently its a really nice gym RIGHT by work, so I can go right after work. I'm so happy! We'll see if I like it I might continue on there, but at least I won't have to pay for a while. And that's worth a lot of money because gyms here are like $75/month...ugh.
Speaking of free goodies, a friend of mine apparently had to go by her boss place yesterday and get something. And her boss was like, "Hey, I got this bag as a gift and I don't want it. I was going to sell it, but I thought you might like it" Turns out, it was this $2,600 Louis Vuitton bag!!

It's a charmed life, that's for sure!
Well that was Tuesday and, if I do say, Wednesday was extremely uneventful due to the fact that I spent twelve hours at work.
On to today :) Today was a very productive day. Allow me to list my exciting accomplishments today
- I saw a homeless man's butt on Park Avenue
- I worked out during lunch and managed to cram it all in to 1 hour and 10 minutes
- I left work shortly after 5 despite my boss's "suggestion" that I might want to stay longer
- I purchased some bronzer that had a $4 off manufacturer's coupon (I thought they outlawed those in New York!)
- I got a New York Public Library Card, and checked out two books.
- I took a cab, just for convenience (this is not something I normally do)
- I installed and configured a wireless router (which I am using to post this blog!!)
- In doing so, I spoke with a man in India who remote-accessed my computer, so I got to watch him move the mouse and type things...it was interesting!
Well, I hope that this keeps you entertained for today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment