Well, Earl Saturday number 2 is behind me. That's right, it was NOT easy to crawl out of my warm bed this morning and layer on socks, tights, fleece pants, a long-sleeve shirt, a TNT Dri-Fit and a fleece, but I managed. I walked out of my apartment at 8:15am and was immediately blessed by the beautiful day! It may have been only 23 degrees out, but the sun was shining and birds were chirping, so I was able to ignore my freezing hands and enjoy the morning.
Not only was it a beautiful day, but practice was great too! I have never been much of a morning runner, but today was definitely an exception! I ran with a friend I have met through TNT. Her name is Kiernan and she's from Ohio. We have bonded over our midwest roots, matching accents, and similar paces. We ran the first 4 miles of our run together and kept a pretty good pace!!
I had my new running tights on, which essentially amount to expensive embarrassment because they cost about $20398523 a pair and are SPANDEX!! So, in order to save my legs from falling off, I have to pay to look like a nerd, but at least I wasn't alone. And the crazy thing is, these spandex pants actually seem to work! They kept me nice and toasty and I felt even better on mile 5 than I did at the beginning of the run. I probably could have made it a couple more miles with no trouble, but I stopped because I know that there will be days when I will have to run MANY MANY more miles. I'm going to save my energy for that!
Ok, well again, I promise to post some pictures this week, even if they aren't TNT related, so please check back! Oh, and if you haven't yet, check out my donation page and leave a comment!
No comments:
Post a Comment