Sunday, December 10, 2006

I GOT MY FIRST DONATION!!! THANKS WAYNE!

A big thank you to Wayne Ma, who despite the facts that - 1) we just met on Friday (we think) and 2) I didn't even ASK him to donate - just became my first donor toward my $4,000 Wayne, thank you for breaking the ice and helping people to see that "all the cool kids are donating."

I must admit, as I near the actual launch of my fundraising campaign, I am getting more and more nervous. Some of you may not be aware, but I actually hope someday to work as a PROFESSIONAL fundraiser with a non-profit. In fact, then I was working for Team In Training for the past year, I often helped people plan and execute their fundraising campaigns, so I have picked up many creative ideas along the way (one of which is this blog, actually). But when it comes to actually fundraising myself, I'm nervous that people won't respond like I think they will. So, again, thank you Wayne for helping quell my fears and giving me some inspiration!!

No comments: