For my new blog title, I've decided to keep with the theme and go with another song by one of my favorite bands, Fountains of Wayne.
Friday, December 01, 2006
An Out-of-Manhattan Experience
Today, I had a very interesting experience near work. Now, before I tell you this, you need to understand a little about the area that I work. Most of the people who populate the financial district work in one of the banks on Wall Street. These are certified city folk who usually don't own a car (well, not one that they actually DRIVE), pay a maid to watch their children, and probably have a home at the Cape, the Hamptons, or some other suitably civilized vacation destination. Imagine my surprise, then, when I saw, parked on the street outside my office, a PICKUP truck with a FOUR WHEELER in the back! This sighting was so strange and foreign to me in lower Manhattan that I had to break my newly-acquired "agressive New-Yorker" stride to get a closer look. Upon inspection, the anomale became a little less anomal-ish. First, the pickup was white, a particularly saline color for a pickup. Furthermore, neither the truck nor the ATV (as Taylor likes to call them, so official!) looked as though it had ever seen a unpaved road, let alone anything that might require an "All-terrain vehicle." Bother were shiny and new looking, probably the result of some executive's off-handed comment "You know what I would like, one of those little bike thingies that you can't fall off of with a truck to pull it" and his assistant's over zealous response. Regardless, I was quite entertained by the sighting in Manhattan - whether or not it has ever actually been on the open road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment