Practice yesterday was painful!! The infamous "cross-training" workout is similar to those aerobics classes you may (or may not) have taken before where the instructor makes you do lunges, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, and all sorts of things that leave you essentially incapable of ascending or descending a flight of stairs the following day.
So the set-up for practice last night was as follows:
8 minutes running
8 minutes cross-training
repeat 4 times
=64 minutes!!!
Boo
So anyway, we ended up splitting into two groups, and the "intermediate" and "advanced" folks went in one group with the beginners in the other. Despite my consistent protesting, my mentor insists that I am intermediate, and I guess I am because I haven't had any difficulty with the workouts, they are just harder than I want!
So anyway, the intermediate group did slightly harder cross-training and then we had to run UP A HILL for our 8-minute intervals. This was especially painful when, on the third round, they made us sprint up the hill (which, let's be honest, wasn't much of a sprint). It was the most painful thing we've done yet!!
Despite the pain, I managed to win a game of beer pong at a nice little dive bar on the Upper West Side before heading home to get to bed early! Then, get this, I got up again at 6am for a run with my friend Leslie who said that our run actually felt a little brisk. I was proud that I was able to keep a good pace even after a tiring night. It was great and though my muscles are hurting me now, its a good hurt, so I'm happy.
Thank you for reading this far!! My goal for the next week is to get some serious picture up on this site, so if you are here and are thinking how lame this looks, please please come back and read on. I will make it interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment